Find announcements, policy changes, and up-to-date information about temporary service disruptions across the Penn Libraries.
Access during Reading Period and Final Exams
During the reading period and final exams, April 27 to May 9, access to the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center and Fisher Fine Arts Library will be restricted to individuals who hold one of the following credentials:
- Photo ID from the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS), HUP, CHOP, Pennsylvania, or Presbyterian hospitals, or UPHS affiliate.
- Penn Alumni Card
- Library Courtesy Card
- University Photo ID from a BorrowDirect Plus partner or other reciprocal borrowing institutions
Exceptions will be made for visitors (non-Penn affiliates) who make prior arrangements with a staff member. Included in this category are patrons who will be using materials in the Kislak Center. A visitor pass, which will be held at the guard desk, should be completed in advance. Please contact the Circulation desk (email@example.com) for details.
Access is also restricted at Biddle Law Library from April 27 to May 9. Access during this period is limited to members of the Penn Carey Law community and Penn students registered for law classes. Penn non-law students may request circulating books for delivery to Van Pelt Library. To request access to the non-circulating collection, Penn non-law students must email firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of their research request.
Find today’s hours for each library location.
Masks are optional, but recommended, in all Penn Libraries spaces.
- In accordance with the latest campus guidelines, masks are optional, but recommended, in all Penn Libraries spaces. Masking is always an option for anyone who chooses to wear a mask for any reason.
We launched a new website on August 15, 2022!
- If you have questions or feedback, or if you come across bugs, please note them using this form.
- Our old website is available temporarily at old.library.upenn.edu.
- Looking for more information about regular library operations and services? Browse the basics in our Quick Start Guide, search the FAQ, or ask us a question.
Please note that the safety of our staff and our users is our top priority. All services are subject to change; revisions will be made as necessary with guidance from the University of Pennsylvania, city and state officials, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.